Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hey, farmer, farmer, put away your DDT


Don't mind spots on my apples,
Leave me the birds and the bees, please!

*LOVE this song!

We took our first trip to the fruit and veggie stands yesterday.
We picked up a little assortment of all locally grown yumminess. I couldn't resist the 10/$1 limes even though they aren't locally grown.
It's a much longer drive from the new house so I don't know how often we'll go this year. We'll definitely make another trip for peaches when they're ready. But we might stick closer to home and hit the farmer's markets nearby for other things.
It was a nice drive though.
We were babysitting Maveryk and Tukker for the day so they came along with us.
Lots of toddler cuteness ensued.
There was playing...
And singing...
And napping...
Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. :)

4 comments:

twomoms said...

where is this veggie lane that you go to? You can pm me on pyp

Mom24boys said...

Forget the pm's- spill the beans lady! I wanna come too!!! Sounds L.U.V.A.L.Y!

Anonymous said...

You can also try the farmer's market in Herriman each Saturday. And during the week you can go right to Petersen Family farms for their produce at their farm stand. (118th S and 4000 W)

Trish said...

We did make our first trip to the Herriman Farmer's market a couple of weeks ago. It was smaller than I expected but we did get a few really great things there.
m24b~ We drive to Willard. Take I-15 south to the Willard exit. Go right and just follow along highway 89. The stands are scattered all along the road there. I can't wait for the peaches! We are completely out of jam. I don't know how that happened.