Both of these recipes are from the WW website. The potato salad recipe called for soft tofu which I'm not familiar with and not really excited to become familiar with. So I subbed reduced fat sour cream.Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken, Roasted Garlic Potato Salad, Steamed Broccoli
Makes 4 servings
11 points per serving
Approximate cost for this meal: $7
Makes 4 servings
11 points per serving
Approximate cost for this meal: $7
Prepare the potato salad first because you'll need the oven to cook the chicken while the potato salad chills.
For the Roasted Garlic Potato Salad:
2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch cubes.
1 tsp olive oil
4 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread potatoes on a nonstick baking pan, sprinkle with oil and toss to coat. (I followed these directions and my potatoes stuck to the pan and got all crispy in places. I LOVED that but if you think you might not, you could try spraying the pan with non stick spray as well.)
Roast potatoes 25 minutes; add garlic, toss and roast for 5 minutes more.
Meanwhile, place sour cream, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
When the potatoes are finished roasting allow them to cool slightly.
Place potatoes in serving bowl; toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Yields about 4 cups.
For the Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken:
non stick cooking spray
2/3 cup lite honey mustard dressing
I used Litehouse brand from the refrigerated area of the produce section
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried dill
1 medium scallion, finely sliced
1 cup cornflake crumbs
1 pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz. pieces
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill and scallions; remove 1/3 cup and set aside.
Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then cornflake crumbs; place in prepared pan. After all chicken has been coated discard the portion of dressing mixture you used to coat the chicken.
Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink in the center. About 15 minutes.
Drizzle remaining dressing mixture (the 1/3 cup that was set aside) over chicken breasts and serve.
Steam one pound of broccoli while the chicken is baking.
One serving is 1 piece of chicken and about 4 teaspoons of dressing, 1/4 of the potato salad (about 1 cup) and 1/4 of the broccoli.
What we thought~
Everyone really liked this meal. Even the kids who think they don't like mustard. ;)
We'll definitely have this meal again.




3 comments:
Looks like your back... This looks SOO good!
Lol I'm adding this to my meal plan next week. Look so good!
YUMMY!!! I'll have to try it and I'm a kid who doesn't like mustard LOL!!!!
Post a Comment