I went to Pinterest for some inspiration and found this recipe for stuffed poblanos.
Here's my version.
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
serves 4
9 Points Plus per serving
28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeded
2 small onions
3 cloves garlic
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
7 oz can diced green chilies
5 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
(I know this is a weird amount. It's what I had on hand. You can adjust, just remember to factor the points plus value if you do.)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup water
4 bell peppers
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place the tomatoes and their juice, jalapeno, one onion, 2 cloves of garlic in blender and puree until smooth.
Pour tomato sauce into 9X13 baking dish.
In medium bowl combine: remaining onion (finely chopped), 1 clove minced garlic, black beans, corn meal, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, cumin, green chilies and water. Mix well.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
Stuff pepper halves with the filling and place stuffed peppers in the baking dish, on top of the tomato sauce.
Top each pepper with a little of the remaining cheese.
Cover tightly with foil.
Bake 45 minutes.
Remove foil.
Bake 15 minutes longer.
Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Each serving is two stuffed pepper halves.
What we thought~
I thought the corn meal was an interesting flavor instead of the usual rice that you find in stuffed peppers. These were very filling and had great flavor.
Emily actually said more than once that she really liked them. Shocking!
Jaxon didn't have any, he's been sick and not eating well.
Roger had his reheated after an extra long day at work and he said that he liked them a lot.
WIN!!
I was especially lazy and didn't prepare any sides. But a nice salad would be perfect.




No comments:
Post a Comment