This is more of an idea than a recipe.Roger was out of town on business last week and the kids and I enjoyed this breakfast for dinner idea.
I figured the points per serving to be about 8 (2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1/3 cup WW cheese) plus the fruit and veggies of your choice.
The cost is VERY low. Depending on the fruits and veggies you use it could be as low as $2 per serving.
I used bits and pieces of veggies we had in the fridge. Mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach.
BTW I've been hesitant to try the WW reduced fat cheese. I had some bad experiences with fat free cheese back in the late 80's and swore off the stuff.
But I found a marked down package of the WW Mexican blend shredded cheese and I really like it. I can't even tell any difference between it and the full fat version.
Just an idea! Enjoy it!




9 comments:
This looks so good. Can I come eat at your house? lol
Wow, that looks SO GOOD!! Yum!!
If you ever like sliced cheese on a sandwich I really like Sargento's Reduced Fat Colby/Monterey Jack cheese.. it's pre-sliced with the paper in between slices.. I think each one is only one point. Maybe two.. but pretty sure just one.
Where do you buy the WW cheese??
I found the WW cheese marked down at Smith's. They actually seem to have a package or two in the marked down section of the lunchmeat aisle almost every week.
Thanks for the tip Becky! I'll look for that. The Laughing Cow is okay but I don't LOVE it.
Chantel~ Sure! I love having friends over for dinner. :)
I like the laughing cow when it's a sandwich where I would normally put Mayo/Miracle Whip on.. but it doesn't cut it for actual cheese.
Mmm... cheese... lol
That looks so delicious T! q about the cheese: I never buy preshredded cheese, because the few times i have , it is so much more than brick. Plus, weird me, I like shredding cheese! lol Do you always buy preshredded, or was it just a good deal?
xo Mel
Mel~ It was just a good deal. I do buy preshredded pretty often though because it's usually the same price per pound as a block. And when I buy blocks I shred the whole thing and freeze it since we don't use much cheese anymore.
Wow, that looks AMAZING! Thanks for sharing pics!m
I LOVE the colors on this plate!! So pretty!
Post a Comment