Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grandma's train works just like she did!

Which is to say...HARD!!!
When Grandma Marsha passed away, one of the things we kept of hers was this little Christmas train.

We thought Jaxon would enjoy it. We haven't taken it out of the box till this year because I was afraid he was too young to take good care of it till now.
It's a cute little train. It has a few ceramic houses to go with it and it plays a Christmas tune when the Engine passes the station. Before we changed the batteries it played a tune more suited for Halloween which Jaxon thought was pretty funny.
It even has a light and puffs a little smoke from the stack when it's turned on. I hope it's supposed to do that!

We got it all set up and put fresh batteries in it and found out pretty quick that this sweet little train was nearly unstoppable, just like Grandma!
 This thing goes so fast that you can barely turn it on and get your hand out of the way fast enough!
Then it flies around and around the track so fast that the whole train leans to one side as it rounds the curves.
Until it finally can't hold the track any longer.
What a metaphor for Grandma herself. She was a high energy woman. Going and going and going until she just couldn't hold the track any longer.
I'm so glad we got this train out of the box this year. Emily and Jaxon and I played with it for at least an hour and laughed and laughed over this supercharged train speeding round and round.
And Jaxon hasn't let it out of his sight since we opened the box. He wanted to snuggle with the engine when we put him to bed last night and it was the first thing he picked up when he got out of bed this morning.
It's definitely not the romantic little chugger you see rounding the Christmas tree in movies. LOL
I don't know how much Marsha enjoyed owning the train but I'm pretty sure she's enjoying seeing Jaxon and Emily have so much fun with it now.

1 comment: