Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hogle Zoo and Blue Iguana

A few weeks ago we convinced Roger to take off from work a little early and join us at the zoo.
Summer hadn't settled in yet so the weather was just right for the zoo in my opinion. I'm not a big fan during the hottest days.
And the animals seem to share in my opinion. They were more active and enjoyable in the mild temps. Just like me!
The zoo is featuring robotic type dinosaurs right now and calling it "Zoorassic Park". Jaxon likes dinosaurs so I thought he'd love it.
It wasn't as big a hit with him as I thought it might be. This picture pretty much sums up his opinion of the dinosaurs.

He was terrified of them. Refused to go any closer than about 20 feet of any of them.
For the first half of our trip through the zoo he held tightly, nervously, to my hand.
He did enjoy the dinosaurs that did not move or make noises which he called their "roars". As in, "That dinosaur has a different roar. I don't like his roar".

In the end we all had fun seeing the animals. The real ones

And the not so real ones...


After a couple of hours at the zoo we were starved and went to our favorite downtown restaurant, The Blue Iguana. yum! (The one in Park City? Not so much. But that's another blog post.)
We were treated to a serenade at our table on this visit. So fun!

Jaxon was so shy that he kept his back turned to the singers the whole time. Even when the nice lady handed him her instrument to inspect. But he enjoyed the song.

While we were waiting for our food, Jaxon practiced writing his name and mine on his paper place mat.

As we were getting ready to leave, Jaxon was still finishing his french fries. At one point he had his head turned away from the table and the server came by and picked up his plate. I wish I had captured the look on Jaxon's face when he turned back around to find his plate missing. Total indignation. And then quiet tears.
It was sad. A funny kind of sad. lol
I guess I should have been guarding those last few fries for him.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Trish.. was so nice of you to come by and give me some help with my photo uploading.. I also used the HTML and it worked.. how frustrating!!
Looks like you all had a fun day at the Zoo...
thanks so much,, a new follower
Sandy

ShazBraz said...

I'm kind of a little in love with Baby Zuri. I kind of love zoos a lot. Like a whole lot more than any of my kids.

I've always wanted to go to Blue Iguana.