Tuesday, October 23, 2007

16 Months In The Blink Of An Eye


Little man is 16 months old today. I cannot believe how the months and months of fertility treatment, a painful miscarriage and more waiting crept by soooo slowly and yet every moment since this guy's conception has gone by in a flash. It boggles my mind how fickle and inconsistent time can be.
Now is the time for an explosion in his vocabulary. He just started putting two word phrases together. "Bye Dad.", "Hi Dad." And almost every day he tries out a new word. This morning it was "Boo!" Must be in honor of Halloween. ;)
We're still nursing but weaning is in our near future. And sleeping through the night is still the stuff of dreams. I'm trying a co-sleeping "phase out" right now. We put the crib mattress on the floor by our bed and he sleeps there for a few hours each night. But he can't completely give up the Mom and Dad snuggle time just yet. Some days I just want my own space but mostly I'm still enjoying this sweet time knwing it's our last chance.

No comments: