~It's been a busy week!
~We have a meal plan that started last Saturday. And it's a good thing too because, IT'S BEEN A BUSY WEEK! And we would surely be eating out every night if there wasn't a plan in place and a little advance preparation done.
Saturday-Bulgur Black Bean Burgers, Oven Fries
Sunday-Indian FEAST for family dinner-Saag Panir, Sindhi Chicken Curry, Cauliflower and Peas Keema, Basmati Rice, Cucumber Raita, Cilantro Mint Chutney
Monday-Briami, Bread
Tuesday-Fend for yourselves
Wednesday-Meatloaf with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Cooked Carrots
Thursday-Garden Basket Lasagna, Bread
Friday-Grilled Tilapia with chimichurri and pico de gallo, rice, Steamed Broccoli
Saturday- Mushroom Stroganoff, Bread, Salad
~I've seen two movies in the past week.
Blind Side was great!
Julie and Julia also great! I kinda wanna be Julia Child. Living in exotic places, enjoying great food with complete abandon, decades of wedded bliss. But add children. I wouldn't want to be without them.
~I'm currently reading two books at once which is something I don't usually do.
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is making me see the produce department in a whole new light. I'm also wishing we lived on a farm.
How to Hug a Porcupine. I put this book on hold at the library back in September. Someone suggested it when I had a run in with a "porcupine" in my life. It must be a popular book because it just barely became available a couple weeks ago. I'm finding it VERY enlightening. VERY. In some good ways. In some uncomfortable ways.
~I didn't forget weigh in this past Sunday. It was 141. I'm going to start keeping a log of my maintenance weigh ins over there on the bottom right of the blog. I'll stop boring us all with the weigh ins in the blog itself.
I will say that maintenance is going very well and pretty easy. I haven't counted points in a few weeks. I have been indulging in a bit of holiday fare but not too much. If I do indulge then I go lightly later to make up for it. It's looking like I'll make it through the holidays without getting above my goal range. Yay!
~Vocabulary lesson for today:
Desowasons= Decorations in Jaxon speak. I LOVE toddler talk. Makes me smile. :)
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Garden Basket Lasagna?
LOVED Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I have a REALLY hard time in the produce aisle now and I'm so much more conscious of how / what we eat. Truly a life changing book in this house. And I so want to learn to make cheese!
Cheese is such a mysterious thing, huh?
I've made ricotta now. Tastes so much better than store bought. And the texture is better too.
And I made the panir for the Saag Panir last Saturday. SOOO easy and yummy!
I'd love to try making others.
Garden Basket Lasagna is a recipe from a book I checked out form the library. The Best 125 Meatless Pasta Dishes by Mindy Toomay and Susann Geiskopf Hadler. I'll let you know how it goes. Sounds pretty delicious to me!
I'M reading "Animal Vegetable, Miracle" right now, too (and about 4 others; I ALWAYS read more than one book at a time...my brain is always on at least that many things at once..ADHD ! lol) Also getting Gary Jr a copy of it for Xmas, as we have had some great, and very lengthy discussions on the topic recently. As soon as I get settled, I'm planning a good-sized organic garden again. :O) *Mel
It's a great read Mel.
I had no idea the perverted things that can be done to something as basic as a vegetable. gah! Who knew?!?
BTW I got the book on Tawnya's recommendation.
Thanks Tawnya! :)
Ah, yay. Glad I could help!
I'll send you a reminder when its time to sign up for the local CSA's. I have a feeling you may really enjoy being part of one.
Thanks Norah! I know I would!
Post a Comment