Saturday I spent most of the day helping Emily put together the pages for her journal and binding them into the cover. She wasted no time beginning the journaling of super secret tween type things so I can't share the pages here.
While we sewed, Jaxon spent hours playing with the waffle blocks that are 20 years older than he is. he loves them! He made an impressive "animal train" at one point.
Sunday was family dinner.
Time for a new picture of the baby boys. Dexter is trying hard to catch up with Oliver now that his "failure to thrive" issue has been corrected. And he just might do it soon! Look at that beautiful round head!
Oliver was masked up for a superhero party that they went to before family dinner. And not too happy about picture taking.
Monday I spent some time assembling the pages for my journal and binding them into the cover.
I'm loving it! And, like Emily, I couldn't wait to get started using it. I'll share the pages later when they're full of happy faces and memories.
Wednesday I sent the kids back to school after their 4 day weekend and then I had a little thrift store me time. yay! I have a plan for decoration the mantle and I needed a pot just like the one on the left below. I also found the one on the right which is all wrong for this project but....well, you see my dilemma, right?
So I got them both. :)
Thursday I went with Jaxon's class on a field trip to the firestation across the street from his school.
Nothing like 25 kindergartners to liven up a firestation. They were all most excited about seeing the firemen's pole. It was a fun field trip. They were full of energy and enthusiasm. And they do and impressive Stop! Drop! (cover your face with your hands) and Roll!
Thursday was also Crystal's 25th birthday. Roger and I took her out to dinner. Blue Iguana again! lol Can't get enough of that place, but I swear it was her choice! Who am I to argue?!?!
I'm not a huge fan of knick knacks myself, but Crystal likes them. We gave her this Willow Tree figurine (The Guardian). I knew the minute I saw it that it was perfect for her and the journey she's on right now as the guardian of our sweet Nash.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
When *I* go to the firestation, I'm MOST excited to see the "Fireman's Pole", too!!!! ;) :OP
LOL Mel! I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole! ;)
I could so go for some Mexican food right now...
Also: Those waffle blocks were great. Gary Jr. played with them for many happy hours. The simplest toys are the *best* ! :)
Post a Comment