Our mantel has looked like this since I took down the Christmas decorations in January.
Not even kidding.
Pretty shameful, eh?
I've been busy. Making books, reading books, eating, sleeping, eating. And just generally having no interest in home decorating projects.
Now that I finished the project I was most excited about in the past couple of months (The NC book) I finally got sick of the living room looking like we just moved in.
So today I ran to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a few sprays of my FAVORITE springtime blossom, Forsythia, and put together a simple Spring mantel.
I like it. It'll hold me over till Spring arrives.
I'd like to find or make a mirror with a chunky, white, antiqued frame to lean against the wall inside that niche. To cover the electrical outlets but still keep them accessible. But that's not a "run out and grab it" kind of project. It'll have to wait for later.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Beautiful Trish.
Do you read Vintage Revival? She does a cool acid thingie on mirrors that I really like.
thinking about my mantle doesn't even come into "play" in my life, T. lol but yours looks pretty. i think you are doing just fine w/ not worrying about your mantle and "fakin it til you make it". LOL I can't believe this is the same T I knew! You are on TOP of it, gal! lol xo *Mel
Post a Comment