and it thrills me!
I am making books. Journals. I sew the pages together, make the covers out of paper and fabric, and bind it all together myself. I learned to do it by taking Mary Ann Moss' Remains of the Day online class and I just love it. I've made 4 since January and helped Emily make one too.
I'm obsessed.
So here's the journal about our trip to Outer Banks last year. Some of it will be familiar because I blogged about the first 3 days or so.
I constructed the body of the book out of maps, brochures, advertisements, etc that I saved from out trip. Plus some printables and scrapbook papers, envelopes, scraps of fabric, etc. Then I filled it all up with our wonderful memories of the trip.
It's LOOOOONG. But I hope you enjoy it. I sure did. :)
Clicking on the first pic should enlarge them enough to be able to read. If only there was such a simple solution for my terrible handwriting!
Did you make it all the way?
You deserve a vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
I know what my issue is now. The internet doesn't do it justice. It's a texture thing. If you can't interact with it in person it just seems like madness. In person it's beautiful!
Wow! You did an amazing job! And what a wonderful memory book to have.
Wonderful journal full of memories.
Kayleigh - I'm glad you said the word interact. THAT is what I love so much about these journals. All the pockets, and tucks and hidey holes. Interactive! I love watching you guys read them and explore them. You can see/touch the finished book in person this weekend. :)
Caatje, Thanks! I wish I had taken before pictures like you do. Of course that would have made this post a bit large. lol
Sharon, thanks for looking. I had so much fun putting it together. I may never make time for quilting again, I'm so in love with making journals. lol
well doggoneit that is one BIG FAT fabulous journal that is packed full of love, memories, and meaning. the very best kind trish!
Awww...Thanks, Mary Ann!
And thanks for relighting my creative fire. Your class was so fun and inspiring.
This one is my favorite one yet!
T, as long as I have known you, you've always had these little projects you get "obsessed" with and "fired up" about. For an amount of time, whatever "it" is is the "spark" of your days. .. I think that is GREAT! Whatever keeps us from the depression demon is a good thing! Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun. *Melanie
Oh, Trish, it looks wonderful!
Tawnya and ShazBraz, Thanks!
Mel- You're exactly right. Too long between sparks and the depression demon comes calling for sure. How are you? Send me an email and catch me up on you.
Wow! That is gorgeous! I love how you use all the paraphernelia that you get on trips. You did awesome!
It's beautiful!!!
Post a Comment