Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The patient has a pulse!!!!

My family is on a new path for health. Many of us are moving toward a plant based diet. Some are going strictly vegan, or taking a long term "challenge" of that sort.
As for our household, we are not committing to total vegetarianism or veganism. We are currently about 95% vegetarian with a very large portion of those meals being vegan as well.
We are feeling great! Roger and I have lost most of the weight we had gained back since our initial success with Weight Watchers.
We're also using MyFitnessPal as a tool for keeping our calories and nutrition requirements in check. It's going GREAT!
I am working to develop a meal plan of about 20 meals that we enjoy so that they can be in regular rotation so I don't have to put so much brain power into dinner every night.
To that end, I am going to resurrect the blog now as a place to keep track of those recipes that I try and are family approved.
I am still VERY much enjoying hand making books and journaling with paper/fabric and glue so there will likely not be much about the family on the blog anymore. But know that they are all doing so great. We are as close as ever, the family is growing by leaps and bounds and our days are full of loving our lives together.

2 comments:

tawnya said...

Yay! Recipes!

Chantel said...

I'm looking forward to the recipes. I would rather eat more vegetarian but Brian has to have every thing with a side of beef. Texas men for ya!