Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A few days from last week

Thursday~
Roger's company Lagoon day.
As in previous years, Jaxon went on one ride, got freaked out, and then pretty much refused to go on any more rides for the rest of the day. He did manage to make it on the train to see the animals. Which he loved. We talked him into going on the ferris wheel and the sky ride as well. He didn't love those but he handled them well.
I went on a couple of the bigger rides with Emily. I think we need to take a friend for her next year. The parents and the toddlers aren't much fun for the tweens I'm afraid. :P
We spent a lot of time in Pioneer Village seeking out shade. It was HOT that day!
Jaxon studied this sign for a minute...
And told us that it said, "No kids allowed."


We all cooled off (and created some laundry challenges) with ice cream.


Friday~
Heather and David brought Tukker and Maveryk over and we went down the street to the Splash Pad. They loved it. I wish I had thought to bring the camera, but I didn't. Next time.
One of the things I love about our new neighborhood are the really NICE, well kept parks scattered all over the place. The Splash pad will be a frequent outing for us this summer. Just the mist coming off of it was a welcome retreat from the heat for me, while the kids went in and splashed in the water.
That afternoon I took Kenzie for her driving test. SHE PASSED!! We got her license yesterday. Let the Mom-worry intensify now. 

Saturday~
Thena Bean's second birthday!

 I got to make her cake and we had her party here at our house.
Kayleigh and Richard put the whole party together. The theme was Teddy Bear Picnic. Look at the yummy spread she prepared! She really did an awesome job with the party.
A close-up of the cake. What it lacked in creativity it more then made up for in size. LOL

It sure was yummy though. If I do say so myself.
Everyone brought their teddy bear guests and we all had a great time.
We had 25 people here and it was so nice to have lots of space to move around and visit with everyone.
So much better than when we all packed into the old house. There was plenty of room for even more people when needed.

Sunday~
Roger and I took the kids to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.
We all enjoyed it. But this one was a bit "darker" than the first two. Jaxon wouldn't wear his 3D glasses. And one particularly sinister scene really scared him. But overall, he says he liked it. And he wants a Toy Story birthday party for his birthday. Which was actually last Wednesday but we're having the party this Friday. 
I have a few deadlines racing up on me so we are going the fully commercial, store bought route for his party. I'll be creative with it next year. ;)


1 comment:

Christy said...

ROFLOL,I love the "no kids allowed" pictures and story.
GREAT PARTY Kayleigh! I loved the Teddy Bear picnic cake. It was DELISH!