Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A stroll through the new neighborhood

Warning! Lots of pictures to follow. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Roger and I took the kids out to explore the new neighborhood Monday evening.
A mile away there is a man made reservoir with a sandy beach.

We all took a stroll around it. Jaxon kept asking if he could relax on the "beach". Smart kid!
Then Emily ran around it once. Can you see her little stick figure there on the other side? LOL
Great views of the Salt Lake valley from there.
After the visit to the reservoir the kids had had enough exercise for one night so we left them home and Roger and I walked to the end of the subdivision, just a few houses down, and took walk. Right now the area is undeveloped but I'm sure that will change. This place is still growing fast.
Lots of craggly junipers...

There are TONS of beautiful wildflowers which set my allergies off. But it was so worth it. They were gorgeous and they put off the loveliest scent. mmmm....ACHOOO!!!

Beetles and Bumble Bees as big as my thumb!
How happy does that bumble bee look?
Right between the subdivision and the undeveloped area there is a paved walking trail. They are all over the place around here. Lots of opportunity to get some fresh air and exercise. If I can just find my motivation.
At the end we found a nice place to take pictures. I should take the kids back there to get some pics of them.
I don't know what the deal is with my dress in this picture. No, I am NOT pregnant. ugh!
On the way back the sun was setting and reflecting on the east side of the valley.
So pretty.
I LOVE where we live. :)

3 comments:

Mel the Belle said...

Beautiful... I hope they leave that area where all the pretties and wildflowers and trees grow, alone! And that dress DOES make you look pregnant! lol ;)
you look happy! xo *Mel

Summer Miller said...

Pretty pictures. I need to steal them so I have pictures of the neighborhood too. When I look at your photos I remember how pretty it is.

Christy said...

Great photos!! You will find the motivation to use the walking paths... maybe not on 90 degree days, but on those cooler mornings or evenings,...someday. Maybe when you start training for that 5K with me;)
So Summer lives in your neighborhood? You are such a social lady, finding friends so fast.