Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Goodbye Old Home

Well, the old house is almost empty now. 
And yet still full of memories beyond what it's walls can possibly hold.
From first on up to twenty third birthday parties for our kids.
First birthday parties for precious grandbabies.
One wedding and a few receptions.
Baby showers, wedding showers, rehearsal dinners and many, many holiday parties. 
It's where we practiced our DIY skills. 
The first home I ever owned. 
And the home that I lived in the longest of all the places I've ever lived.
The only home that Emily and Jaxon have ever known.
We sure packed a lot of life into that small house in these short years.
I hope that the new owners, whoever that will ultimately be, are able to make as many great memories there as we have.

A few weeks ago we had a "Farewell to the old house" party. The kids and grandkids came over and there was much laughing. Some crying. I didn't take any pictures but we did make a videotape where all the kids shared their memories of the house.
And we all agreed that it won't be long till the new house is filled with as many great memories.

So, it's good bye old home and hello new house. 
We are excited to get to know it and make it our own.
Pictures coming soon. ;)

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Can't wait to see the new house pictures!!!

Mel the Belle said...

This is a beautiful home. Put it on the Coast of California and I'll give you DOUBLE what you are asking!!! ;)
You gotta post pics of the New House soon, OKay???? xoxox