Roger went off on a business trip + plus sightseeing in New York City. Poor thing. And left me to my own devices.
I did what any unsupervised wife would do. Whatever I wanted. LOL
First up!
The kitchen window over the sink.
All things align just so that the morning sun shines on the window of the house behind us and then reflects directly into my eyes while I'm trying to make breakfast. And the evening sun just blasts directly into my eyes while cooking dinner.
With all this discomfort while cooking, you'd think I'd be thinner. But I'm a tough chick so I just pushed through the meal prep.
See! The glaring light is so bad I couldn't even get a decent picture.
We bought purple faux silk valances to hang there back when we bought the curtains for the rest of the great room.
I have some old black curtain rods that I meant to spray paint ORB to match the new rods we hung elsewhere. But they needed brackets. Which could not be found for less that $5 each and we needed four of them. Add the cost of spray paint to that and I just decided to buy new rods. I spent $24 for the two of them.
Ta da! Problem solved!
I usually reserve jobs like this for when Roger is home to handle the drill and I can stand back and supervise. But I decided I was an independent woman and could handle it myself with the help of some painter's tape acting as my extra hands to keep everything in line. And I did it! All by myself!
He can help me patch the "extra" holes later. I don't want him thinking he isn't needed ya know. ;)
While I was at the store buying curtain rods, I made a trip through the sewing/crafting area of the store as I am inclined to do whenever such a department is within range.
Now, in my defense, I HAD a plan to make a thread holder out of a yet-to-be-purchased-from-the-thrift-store spice rack. But I stood in front of the spool holders there in the store and told myself this..."Self, a spice rack from the thrift store will be $2-3. The spray paint for it will be $3-4. Because you know you HAVE to spray paint the stuff you get from the thrift store. I think there's a rule. So for $5-7 I'd have a thread holder that might hold a dozen spools of thread. I already have more thread than that. So this $10 spool holder is a better value and more efficient."
So glad we could have this little chat.
And then I high tailed it home before my "screw it-y" attitude cost us any more money.
Now that I was on a roll with the craft room organization I grabbed this old CD holder, leftover from a decluttering project at the old house,
and headed down to our
A couple hours and a couple more holes in the brand new walls of the brand new house, and I am the proud owner of a ribbon holder.
By now it was about time to feed the kids. So I did the logical thing now that cooking in the kitchen is so much more comfortable. I went to Wendy's.
Have you tried their new Almond Berry Chicken Salad? Delicious! And healthy! And only available for a limited time. Go get one!
With dinner out of the way, I decided to get to work making a birthday present for Tukker. She turned 3 last week and her party is Saturday.
While unpacking the craft room I came across leftover squares from when I made her baby blanket. I figured I could add some coordinating fabric and make her a twin size quilt for her birthday. That should save us a little money on the gift and perhaps make up for my reckless spending earlier in the day.
So I went to work on the cutting. I was just a tiny bit short and had to go buy some more flannel for the back. It was about $5. And a couple of days of doing my favorite thing. Playing with fabric!
I'm about half done with it now. I'll post a pic when it's done.
So that's what you do while your husband is out of town. Or at least it's what I do.
Thank goodness he'll be home soon.
Our debt snowball rolled UP hill there for a minute.




4 comments:
Awesome projects; so fun!
I totally want to try that salad.
You are so funny. That "screw-ity" spending always gets me in trouble..
That isn't too bad for him being gone. I could have done much worse.
It's turning into an efficient workshop /crafting room, with all the right storage tools for your crafting gear. I love it.
Post a Comment