Sunday, September 19, 2010

I can't. I'm canning.

I think I might have DADD.
Domestic Attention Deficit Disorder.
I had a list of things I wanted to get done around the house last week.
~Make roman shades for Kenzie's room.
~Replace the curtain in Jaxon's room.
~Make a pad for Emily's window seat.
~etc, etc, etc.
But last Saturday Roger and I drove to Fruit Way and came home with a half bushel of these beauties.
So big! And so sweet! Just a half bushel. Not too much. Enough to eat and maybe make a batch (or two) of freezer jam.
And there were the roma tomatoes. A half bushel of those. Not too much. Just wanted to try making salsa again. It's been a few years and the last time my salsa was so thin and runny. More like lumpy V-8 juice. My friend's family loved it. So I gave it all to them. LOL 
It turned out better this year.
But a little too mild. So I made another batch.
This one was a little hotter. But still not as hot as we like it. so I made another.
Perfect! Ohhhh....but maybe some PEACH SALSA would be good.
Yep. It is delicious! 
By now it was Wednesday or Thursday, I forget. the days run together once I get an idea in my head.
What to do with the rest of those peaches? Hmmm...Peach chutney!
mmmmm.......
That finished up the tomatoes and the peaches. Now what?
Could have gone back to that list I mentioned earlier.
But now I'm in the ZONE.
I have all my canning supplies out so maybe I should do something with all those cranberries in the freezer.
See? I wasn't even planning to can anything this year and then all the sudden...this.
I guess that list will wait till next week.
Except I went back to Fruit Way yesterday and came home with a bushel of peaches, a half bushel of beets and a case of raspberries.
Within hours of being home I made raspberry jam.
But no dinner. 
Let them eat peaches!
I guess that to do list will have to wait another week.

3 comments:

Mom24boys said...

Ohh, raspberry jam looks wonderful! I have apples to do this week.....

Mom24boys said...

Ohh, raspberry jam looks wonderful. I will be doing apple pie filling this week- BB!ac

ShazBraz said...

You and I really are cut from the same cloth. Of course that cloth isn't made into anything yet. It's on someone's to do list, though I'm sure...