
Barbecued pork spareribs
Potato salad
Fresh corn on the cob
For dessert I made a banana cake.
It's a recipe I got from an old friend.

BANANA CAKE
1/2 lb unsalted butter (no margarine! NEVER margarine!)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 teaspoon baking soda (Who has a 2/3 t. measuring spoon? Do you? I just eyeballed it.)
5 Tablespoons buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2-3 extra bananas, sliced just before you use them
Prehaeat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add mashed banana. Mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients to butter and egg mixture. Stir till well combined. Add butternilk and vanilla. Mix. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool cakes completely. Slice bananas and completely cover one layer before topping with second layer.
Frost with cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 8-oz. package cream cheese (room temperature)
1 pound powdered sugar
1 stick of butter (room temperature) ~do I need to remind you that margarine is forbidden?
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream butter and cream cheese till well blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix till light and fluffy.

We sang...we ate cake...good times were had by all.




1 comment:
It was a great dinner yesterday, thank you! We all had fun and I'm glad you guys got to see Lily.
I got my blog the way I want it finally lol! Thanks for the sites! Try them out, really cool backgrounds!
Love you and see you soon.
Post a Comment