Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Word About My Children's Other Mother

It's been a long week. I think we get to go home today but I felt compelled to say that among all the family who has been thinking about Kenzie and wishing her well, none is any more or less important than Kenzie's stepmom, Christy.

My kids and I (and really, it goes WAAAAYYY farther than just us) are exceptionally blessed that there is a strong bond of friendship remaining between Kenzie's Dad and I. And in the past few years we have been fortunate to add Christy to our unconventional family circle.

I know that she always holds my girls in her heart and loves them and worries over them as much as I do.

I hope she knows how grateful I am to have her in all our lives.

3 comments:

Heatherslife said...

Amen. We love you Christy. And you mommy.

Christy said...

(Blush) Thanks so much! What a great, fabulous, wonderful family to be a part of!

Amber said...

Yes we will for sure be there on Sunday. Lily misses her Grandpa and Grandma kisses! :)