Monday, October 27, 2008

Future UFC top rivals!

These two (Jaxon and his niece, Tukker) have a love/hate relationship. When they aren't kissing and hugging all over each other they are pushing, punching, slapping, yelling at and biting one another. If it wasn't so hysterically funny it would be a little frightening.
This pic was taken this afternoon as we drove home from a pretty awesome park in West Jordan. (Conveniently located near the store with the $1.19lb chicken breasts. I HAD to have more!)
Moments before this pic they were duking it out in the race car shopping cart. The candy Smarties seemed to tame the beasts long enough for drowsiness to set in.
(You may have noticed that Jaxon isn't buckled in in that pic. And horrible mental images of his tiny body flying past me and thru the windshield went rushing through my mind as soon as it was brought to my attention. Note to self:buckle him in FIRST. Before doing anything else. Because apparently you cannot be trusted to remember to get back to it after loading the groceries and returning the ridiculously unwieldy race car shopping cart to the cart corral.)
Look at Tukker! She is so ready to take off walking! She's settling for 3-4 unsteady steps for now. But it won't be long.

This impressive gymnastic feat was followed by an unfortunate dismount that led to much crying. Possibly some physical therapy. We'll have to see how her arms function tomorrow.
Would you look at those eyes. They really are quite beautiful. So say friends, family and strangers on the street. Including a very nice couple standing in line behind us at the movie theater last Friday.
Guy: "Has anyone ever told you that you have really beautiful eyes?"
Emily: "Yes."
ROFLOL!!! I guess I should teach her a more polite response. Then again, she'll be a teenager soon. Perhaps her lack of social graces will keep her safe from stinky teenage boys.





Good times were had by all. :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Are we talking 1.19 boneless, skinlessbreasts? Because if we are, then I can fill in reason number 62 on my list of ways in which I wish I were more like Trish.

Seriously, though, those pictures are adorable. I so enjoy reading about all the people and family you're blessed to have in your life, especially those little punkins.

Trish said...

Yep. $1.19lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Sold in a 40 lb box. Which means I've been up to my elbows in raw chicken for days! But it's oh so worth it!

And thanks for the kind words. I am blessed. I forget it sometimes, but it's true. :)

Heidi said...

What store? Maybe we have a sister store that's doing a comparable sale. I'll go browse the UT forums and see if I can find it. LOL.

Amber said...

That looks like a sweet park!

Lol at Tukker and Jaxon. Kids will be kids :)

And Emily is growing up so fast. She gets more beautiful every day!

Love and miss you and see you on Halloween! (We're looking forward to some chili and hot cocoa)