Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Organizing (and more sewing)

Today I tackled an organizing project I've been wanting to do. The linen closet in our bathroom.
It's more of a health and beauty aid closet than a linen closet really.
Here it is before:




Yikes, huh? If you had a headache you were forced to sift through all kinds of health and beauty clutter to find the Tylenol. Who needs that?
I gathered up a collection of plastic bins and baskets. I always have plenty of those around.
Then I proceeded to toss whatever was no good or unneeded.
I consolidated a million Band-Aids
Down to a few boxes.
Kept a couple for us and gave the rest away.
Everything I'm keeping was sorted into categories and put into individual baskets.
Better now!




I'd be a little less twitchy about the end result if the baskets were all the same. But this is a zero dollar project so it will have to do.
Ironically, I didn't even touch the one and only shelf that's holding actual linens because...well...I didn't wanna. That'll be a sort and donate job for another day I guess.
Having things clearly labeled in the pantry project from last month seems to be working really well for the family.
So I did take the time to make some tags for all the baskets.
Finding the Tylenol should be less of a headache now.
I also worked on Maveryk's quilt some more today.
I reached the half way point in the piecing process and I think it's looking great.

Far better than the other half. :P
Someday I'll have a Design Wall to lay out pieced quilts. For now, I lay them out on a bed sheet and then cover with another bed sheet so that I can roll it up and put it away when I'm not working on it.
I should be able to finish the piecing this week.
And then, since I'm 2 years late with this quilt, I'll have to get creative with borders to get it from oversized crib size to twin sized. Should be fun!

1 comment:

tawnya said...

Hey! Same organizing I did on Monday. And I just kept STARING at the closet for the rest of the day. So pretty...