We bought:~a peck of jamming peaches for $3.00 THREE DOLLARS! Crazy good price and they'll make some crazy good jam.
~beets
~green beans
~red bell peppers
~3 zucchini for $1.00. Good price for us since we "ain't got no friends".
My grandpa used to say that a man with no zucchini is a man with no friends. LOL
~corn
~roma tomatoes
~gala apples So nice to have fresh apples sans waxy grocery store coating.
~eggplant 2/$1.00!!! Wow!
~ 3+ pounds of bing cherries. SEVENTY NINE cents a pound! I felt like we were robbing them!
~half bushel of juicy New Harmony peaches. The only peach worth eating is the one that sends juice dripping down to your elbows. We'll just eat most of these and freeze what we can't finish before they get too ripe.~a big butternut squash
~spaghetti squash
~blue hubbard squash. I've never heard of or cooked one of these but I'm excited to give it a try!
~yellow summer squash
~apricots
~limes (not locally grown but 12 for 60 cents! How could we pass that up?!?!)
~some different kind of cucumber whose name I have forgotten now
~red creamer potatoes
~A little jar of local orange flavored honey that will be super yummy on Roger's buttermilk biscuits I'm sure.
I don't know if the low prices made up for the gas to get there. But I'm SURE the flavor will.
Happy day!




6 comments:
I wish I had known you were going. I'd asked you to stop by my house and take my eggplant off my hand plus I could have shared some of my over abundant produce with you. Glad you had fun though!
Awww. Thanks, Norah! I thought of you since we were in your area.
You almost could see my house from the freeway. Seriously it would not have been out of your way. But the house was not clean so its probably a good thing.
CHAOS- Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. I know it well. LOL
I am SOOO Jealous! It sounds great!! We did not get out of the house early enough and missed the Lehi Farmer's Market that I wanted to go to. It was over at noon :(
It all sounds so... and looks so great! I will have to copy you next Saturday... while I'm widowing away with Kaylee.
I loved the bit about your grandpa and the zucchini. Too cute.
Wow that's a lot of great looking fruit and veggies! Yummy!
Post a Comment