Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 26/27 Weigh In




Down 1.8 pounds and 3 inches total (plus 1 from the "Dr. Oz point")
Whew! It wasn't that hard to stay on track while we were on vacation after all!
They EXCEL at homestyle cooking in West Virginia. They are so serious about their biscuits and gravy that there's a fast food chain devoted to them. I do love Biscuit World.
But homestyle isn't the kind of cooking that makes me get all irrational and eat everything I see. So it was pretty easy to have a bite or two of the things I really love (biscuits and gravy, bread pudding, chicken fried steak) and then stick to healthier options the rest of the time. I didn't track points at all while we were gone. Just kind of mentally kept a check on what I was eating.

So now it's back to tracking, back to the gym, and back to the Fit by 40 goal.
12 weeks and 7.8 lbs to go!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you! Staying on schedule without counting points is great and goes to show you won't have any problem with the plan after you get down to your goal weight. Love you!

Alice said...

You done so good. Hope you had a good time in WV. Next week I go back to second shift and I'm going full force then. We really enjoyed your visit. Hope it wasn't too boring for you.

Trish said...

Alice, I can honestly say that Orrville was the highlight of our trip. Truly. We really enjoyed visiting with you guys so much. And I just wanna buy up that beautiful little city and keep it all to myself. I wish we had stayed there another day or two.
Thanks for having us.

Alice said...

Trish, I reread your blog today and what is the Dr.Oz points?
Glad you like Orrville, we do too, small but not too small.

Trish said...

Alice~ Do you know who Dr. Oz is? He's on Oprah a lot and he's going to have his own TV show this fall. He's a health nut. In a good way. He says that the best indicator of a healthy size is if your waist, measured right at your belly button is 32 inches or less. (I think I'm remembering that right. I'm too lazy to go look it up. LOL)
Anyway, I lost an inch from that point in the past couple of weeks. I wish I had been measuring there all along. I have just been measuring my waist at the smallest point which is higher than my belly button. Hope that explains it.

Becky said...

Wow, that's fantastic! Way to go!!

You were missed!

Jullie said...

You inspire me.! When I'm feeling especially "snack-y" or thinking that I can't get fit and healthy, I read your blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences! Way to go!

Christy said...

Great job!!! I'm celebrating BIG TIME with you! Hella job Trish!

You are going to be so great at maintenance!!