This past week I worked on another raggy quilt for a friend. This one used the same patterned fabrics as the first. But dark blue flannel lining rather than cream. I also stitched it with dark blue thread rather than brown.
I was surprised that these small things made a noticeable difference in the end result.
This is the first one:
And the second...
My friend chose the fabrics and I just love them. Especially the giraffe-y one! So adorable.
I'll be working on another raggy quilt in the next two weeks. I'm having a lot of fun making these! I just wish my sewing machine wasn't located in the
basement deep freezer of our house. Brr!!
6 comments:
This quilt is so pretty. I've been wanting to make a rag quilt. Some that I've seen have a thin layer of batting in them and some don't. Do you put it in yours? Btw, we had passes for Disneyland for 2 years. We went all the time. I loved "Soaring over California".
Blessings,
Marcia
Hi Marcia!
No batting in these. In fact I've never used batting in a raggy quilt before.
These just have a layer of flannel in between the printed fabrics.
I made one for my son that has chenille on one side of each block. Both of these methods are really warm though.
I am looking forward to Disneyland. I think it'll be fun for the kiddos.
Very cute! You are an excellent sewer. I was just looking at my $ envelope that you made....love it!
So cute!!
Can you not bring your machine upstairs?
trish,
have you done a blog on how to make one of these? i would really like to try, but i am new to sewing.
they are so perfect for our log cabin.
dj
I LOVE them!!! That giraffe print is too cute.
Post a Comment