Monday, October 24, 2011

Family Dinners These Days

We're still doing regular weekly family dinners.
Our group is growing so fast we had to upgrade from the supplemental card table to a supplemental 6 foot table. And we'll still need that card table on weeks when everyone shows up!
 Last night we celebrated Dallas' 6th birthday. He requested "banilla" cupcakes with chocolate frosting and white sprinkles and "banilla" ice cream. Being the super awesome grandparents that we are, we obliged. I was busy helping a neighbor so Roger made the cupcakes. And they were delicious, even though "banilla" goes radically against my chocolate grain. Dallas is new to the family, I clearly need to work on him and develop the love of all things chocolate.

We gave him a Star Wars costume. He's a big fan of Storm troopers but I have no idea about these boy things. So I just went for a white "trooper" something or other costume and he seemed pleased with it.
Right away he told Jaxon to get his Transformer costume and play sword so they could "fight".
Heather brought over her wii and Just Dance 3 game. This was the adorable result.

I think that the "Best Wiggly Butt" award goes to Miss Athena. She's so stinking cute!
Having everyone here (8 kids under the age of 6!) makes for some crazy fun family time. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Especially this part.....

2 comments:

Chantel said...

It's like that at my mom's house, too. Only with 13 kids under 8. 11 of which are under 5. It's pretty crazy but fun.

Mel the Belle said...

I think I need a Tylenol after watching all that action .. I feel like I just watched an episode of "19 and Counting"!! I don't know how you do it, T. Glad you're all well and happy, *Mel