Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm no good at not sharing!

The past few days have been really productive for me. I've been getting all kinds of GREAT deals and frugal ideas for Christmas. And I wanna share! I really wanna share! But since the gifts are for the people who read this blog I can't. :P
A lot of the credit goes, as always, to PYP for helping me find such awesome deals.
That's all I'm gonna say about that. ;)
I followed a link on Christy's blog to The Grocery Cart Challenge which I had heard a lot of people talk about but had never visited myself. I'm glad I did! She's pretty inspiring.
I enjoy the way she breaks her trips down each week and her meal planning posts.
In the spirit of frgual shopping and my need to SHARE something, I'll share this awesome grocery trip from the past week.

Items and their sale prices
2 cans Black Pearl medium olives 1.58
Hershey Kisses 2.00
Duncan Hines frosting 1.50
Duncan Hines cake mix 1.00
McCormick mushroom gravy mix 1.19
McCormick turkey gravy mix .99
Kellogg's poptarts .99
Mount Olive pickles 2.50
5lb Gold Medal flour 2.39
4- 64oz. bottles Old Orchard apple juice 6.00
4- 8oz.Philadelphia cream cheese 4.00
5- 16 oz Kroger cottage cheese 1.00
1 gallon Meadow Gold 2% milk 2.10
5 pounds Smith's butter 9.45
2 heads of celery 1.00
24pack of 16.9oz bottles of Kroger drinking water 3.99
12 pack of Lipton diet white tea 6.99
5- 12packs of Diet Coke 12.00
13.71 lb. Private Selection Turkey 17.69
13.31 lb. Private Selection Turkey 17.17
19.49 lb. Private Selection Turkey 25.14
21.49 lb. Butterball Turkey 32.02
4 loaves Smith's sandwich bread 5.00
package of bakery bagels 1.29
loaf of french bread 1.50
60 load Liquid Downy fabric softener 5.79
120 sheet box Everyday Living fabric softener 2.79
Sunsilk Conditioner 3.29
Sunsilk Shampoo 3.29
Suave shampoo 1.50
Suave conditioner 1.50
3.90lb ground round 7.90
2 containers (1.75 qts each) Private Selection ice cream 5.00
1 pint Ben and Jerry's ice cream 3.79
2 Dole Ceasar salad kits 3.98
dozen large eggs 1.25
2- 16 oz Kroger sour cream 2.00
2 liter A&W root beer 1.25

Sales Price Total: 203.81
Total paid (after coupons, promotions and tax) 115.64
I'll get $45 of that back in rebates.
Brings my total down to $70.64
Not bad considering there's nearly 70 pounds of turkey in there.
It's like I got all the rest for FREE!!

I LOVE this stuff!