Monday, February 15, 2010

Accomplishments from the past couple of weeks

 

We are taking a trip!! Next month we are heading West for a few days. Roger, Emily and Jaxon have never seen the Pacific Ocean. So I planned a little family getaway for us so they can. Then I heard about this great program that Disney is running where you can "Give a Day, Get a Day" at Disneyland.  Basically, you volunteer at a local charity for a day and you earn a one day, one park pass in exchange for it. Disneyland wasn't in our original plan, but if we can go for free, why not?!?! We might choose California Adventure instead though.
We chose the Project Linus charity which allowed us to make blankets at home for our day of service.
Here are the blankets we made. (Two in each picture). You have to be at least 6 years old to participate so we will have to pay for Jaxon to get in. But still! 5 for the price of one?!?! SOLD!


  
  
  
 I found out about this opportunity on pinchingyourpennies.com which is the absolute best deal finding website on the planet. It's free and it's where I find out about just about everything! So, you should check it out. :)

I've also been working on raggy quilts for a friend. She wants 4 of them for her kids and I finished one and have the second about half done.


  

They are quite large. 60X70 inches. Everyone in my house thinks they need one of their own now. LOL So I might have quite a few more of these in my future. 

So, all of that and a quick surprise Valentine's getaway with Roger this last weekend has kept me busy for the past couple of weeks. I'm taking a day to regroup today (laundry, dishes and floors, oh my!) and then I'll be back to creating like crazy! 

Linky fun!

Photobucket


8 comments:

Alice said...

You just impress me so much. Is there anything in this world you don't do? The blankets are beautiful. And such a great idea. Helps the family and helps charity.

Christy said...

I love the raggy quilts!

... and you're all finished with the blankets for Disneyland? Nice! Hope the vacation is LOVELY!

Jamie Mayne Jennings said...

What day are you going? We just got home, and I have 2 adult and 1 child 5 day pass that still has one day left on each of them. But they are only good for another week or so. I guess if you cant use them I should post them on PYP somewhere

Trish said...

We're going the end of March. I'm sure someone on PYP would love them!
Thanks anyway!

Chantel said...

Alicey's sitting on my lap and she went nuts when she saw the Tinkerbell quilt. She's yelling "momma can we go Disneyland". Seriously, she's driving me nuts. Can I send her with you, lol. She gets in free since she's not three yet!!!!

Trish said...

LOL Cute Alicey! I hope Jaxon has as much fun!

deb said...

hi trish....i love the raggy quilts.....wanna make another one?....hehehe.


that is so nice you and hubs got away for val day. where did you go?

dj

Expressions by Heather said...

They turned out super cute! I love the accent patches added to the solid colored sides.

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!