Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Living Planet Aquarium

We made our second attempt at the Living Planet Aquarium late one evening just about an hour before they closed. It was a good time to go. We almost had the place to ourselves.



 Kinda fun to compare this pic of Emily and Jaxon with the one I took in the same place a couple of years ago.
 One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the aquarium was to see the penguins.
I gotta say...I was a little disappointed. It was a fairly small attraction and really not set up well for kids. If the penguins are diving in the water I guess it would be fun for them. But if they're not then the water level is too high for the kids to see the penguins up on the rocks. At the very least, they could have built some sort of elevated platform so that it isn't up to the parents to hold 40 lb children up at shoulder height to be able to see them.

 We saw some frogs that Nana would like. Well, except for that whole poisonous part. But they sure are pretty to look at.


 
 Another BIG deal for Jaxon. He actually touched this lizard. Gecko? I forget now. Anyway, he is usually not at all interested in touching animals.
 And Emily and Jaxon's favorite part of most any attraction...the gift shop. Oy!

No comments: