We did a jigsaw puzzle. To be more accurate, I did a jigsaw puzzle.
Emily was heavily involved in assembling the frame and then lost interest, only to return at the very end insisting on putting the last piece in place.
There was a puzzle within a puzzle. There were 71 differences between the picture on the box and the fully assembled puzzle. Jaxon wasn't very interested in actually putting the puzzle together. I think it was just too many pieces, he normally loves puzzles. But he did spot nearly every difference in the two pictures DURING the construction.
I totally loved it. I had forgotten that I like jigsaw puzzles so much. Roger was out of town on business, so I worked on it pretty much the entire day with a short break to grab some take out for dinner. :)
Last Friday we went to see a movie in the park.
Emily wasn't with us because she was babysitting her niece and nephew. So it was just Roger, Jaxon and me.
First we had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack which I thought was just okay. But it certainly got me even more excited for our vacation. Imagine! Seafood that was caught that day!
Wait, where was I?
Dinner at Joe's. We sat on the patio so Jaxon could play in the play area they have there.
A pirate came around making balloons. And Jaxon actually spoke to him. Ha! Maybe he USED to be scared of people in costumes?
A blue parrot (?) and a red sword. All any boy pirate needs, right?
After dinner we grabbed some dessert at Cold Stone. Have you tried their Strawberry Basil? I thought it was kind of tasty with some almonds and chocolate mixed in. But the entire staff thought I was nuts for actually ordering it. Apparently it's not a big seller.
Off to the park in South Jordan!
We saw Mega Mind which Jaxon had seen before, but Roger and I had not.
In Roger's words, "Conditions were perfect. Lying down on a blanket, warm and comfy, in the dark, under the stars."
So, he fell asleep.
But Jaxon and I really enjoyed it.
We've never done the movie in the park thing before. I loved it!
We will definitely take more comfy pillows next time. Maybe if I hadn't given Roger mine, he'd have stayed awake.
We also celebrated two grand daughter's birthdays in July.
Athena turned 3 at the end of June but her party was a little delayed. We have a hard time with scheduling parties since she and Jaxon have their birthdays within a few days of each other. Her party consisted of cake and ice cream at the park.
I didn't make her cake this time. But it sure was cute! Kayleigh got it at Target.
After cake and ice cream, those of us with kids all went to Jump Around Utah.
Roger hadn't been there before so he had fun jumping around with all the grandbabies and Jaxon. I did too.
Unfortunately my camera batteries died pretty much as soon as we got there so I didn't get many good pictures.
We had a lot of fun though and we loved celebrating Thena Bean's big day with her.
Just last weekend it was Miss Tukker's 4th birthday.
Heather told us that Tukker wanted a scooter so that's what we got her. I think she loves it!
Her party was at the house where they were living until the next day. LOL They've moved somewhere else, temporarily, while they look for a house to buy and wait for baby Oliver, due very soon.
This was a fun party too.
I did make the cupcakes for her but I cheated. A LOT. It's been busy around here so I just prettied up some chocolate cupcakes with little toys. Maracas, clappers and tops.
The kids played in the kiddie pool and sprinkler attachments while we sat and watched them all having so much fun together. How lucky are we to have each other? There's always someone and something to celebrate.
Speaking of things to celebrate! We also found out last week that we are going to be having ANOTHER grandbaby. That's THREE on the way, if you're counting. So happy for Crystal and Derek.
And also Derek's son, Dallas who is getting added into the list of grandbabies now. I think it's time.
So, here it is August 2nd. Only 27 days till school starts and we're about halfway through our Summer fun list.
We probably won't get to everything before school starts. But I think we can knock most of them out before the nice weather ends. It's weird that most of what's left is things we can do here at home. Maybe we can get to one or two of those tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Love all the new posts and pictures. Looks like you had a fun time. If you come back to Ogden to again let me know, I'll come and meet you!!
Gary Jr. still works for Dreamworks and they did "MegaMind". He took us to the premiere in L.A. Such a cute and creative movie, I thought. :) Hey, if Jaxon likes finding the things that are missing or wrong in that puzzle, does he like those books like "I Spy" (I think that's the title)? Gary J. used to spend a LOT of time with those books when he was little. We really loved them. Happy Day! xo *Mel
such a GREAT list...a surefire recipe for fun!
Post a Comment