But lately I've been moving ever so slowly towards it.
I'm sure all those daughters would have appreciated it if I'd taken an interest a little sooner. Like around the first prom date maybe.
Oh well...better late than never.
In anticipation for our vacation to the beach I've been thinking about ways to wear my hair up.
Which I can actually do now that that blasted pixie cut has finally fully grown out. Did I blog about that? Probably not. I knew right away that it wasn't the cut for me.
Anyway...this morning I studied video tutorials to learn how to make a "messy bun". That says BEACH to me!
And I think I figured it out. But I also wanted a pretty thing to put in my hair.
So I grabbed this fabric that was cut off of
side note: The nice little Asian seamstress at the dress shop said I was silly for wanting to keep the scraps. According to her, those of us who like to sew are too quick to hang on to little scraps of things and then we never use them. I'll show her!
I used it to make myself a hair pretty with the help of a neighbor who gave me some hands on tips and the pictures and tutorials to be found all over the internet.
What do you think?
Maybe I need some new shoes now, huh? ;)




3 comments:
Wow. Look at you getting all fancy! ;)
Super cute! I am on the same path as you--not girly, but slowly opening up to the idea. My girls would thank you for sharing a link for a good tutorial. Whenever you have time, of course. Thanks!
So pretty! And I LOVE your hair like that!
Post a Comment