Friday, August 26, 2011

I wanna share more....

about our vacation. But I'm too busy holding my breath and PRAYING IN EARNEST that hurricane Irene will just get over herself and not do any damage to the wonderful people and places we were so fortunate to get to know last week.
 The beach at Kill Devil Hills. And the Avalon Pier which we KNOW could not withstand too much of a beating! Charming and fragile as it is, with it's swaying with the gentlest waves.
 The Waterside Theater on Roanoke Island. It's already been so close to destruction so many times in the past century. What a tragedy it would be for them to lose such a treasure!
 The Currituck Lighthouse in Duck. And the wild Spanish mustangs in Corrola. Though they have endured many of these storms in the past few centuries. Makes you wonder if the silly humans could learn something from them!
 The Bodie Lighthouse... so close to being restored and open for visitors.
 Hatteras Lighthouse which I STILL want to climb! Some day!
 The sweet little fishing village on Ocracoke Island and it's lighthouse.
 And the ponies with ancient bloodlines who live on Ocracoke.

It's somehow more tragic to hear of these things in places that you know.
Move along, Irene. You're not welcome there!

1 comment:

Mel the Belle said...

Lovely places. I hope all (people and things) are gently breezed by Hurr. Irene! Love to see more pix, T!
xo Mel