It can be excruciating for a parent to see their child endure this distress.
It's not the pain of a scraped knee or a bruised shin. You can't lay your eyes on the source of the pain and methodically take steps to fix it. There's no ointment or Bandaid that can be applied to alleviate the pain. No kiss can truly make it better.
Since you can't lay eyes on it a parent might even wonder sometimes if the kid actually caused their own agony. Perhaps it is just a consequence of playing too hard or too fast.
But aside from administering all your love, there really isn't much a parent can do about these mystery pains.
Whether your child is two or twelve or twenty something you just have to love them through it and hope they find that the growth is worth the pain in the end.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. ~Carl Jung~




3 comments:
I'm not looking forward to Lily going through some hard times that she has to face on her own. Everyone has to do it though to learn from their mistakes. I've had my share of life lessons, and I know I'll have tons more in my life.
But they say what dosen't kill you makes you stronger right?
And your Dad and I will love you through it and hurt for you and wish we could fix it, even though we will know full well we can't.
What good is all my hard earned experience if the sage advice I would give is no better than my mother's? ...or any more desired? Lol.
I guess we all must travel our own road and it's nice to have family and friends who are there for us along the way, loving us no matter what.
It is my path and I chose it, and I am compelled to walk it in my own way.
Post a Comment