We keep the ceiling fan on in our bedroom pretty much 24/7. It gets stuffy if we don't.
About 2 weeks ago it stopped working. Even the light!
But we didn't rush right out and replace it. For one thing, we had no "ceiling fan" category in our budget for that pay period. The weather permits leaving the window open for a cool breeze and there are ample lamps available for our use. So this didn't qualify as an "emergency" either.
So we "slept on it". For two weeks.
At the end of two weeks we decided that a ceiling fan and overhead light are important enough to us to warrant room in the budget.
So we went shopping!!!!
Before we left the house we agreed to get the bare bones ceiling fan. But when we got to Lowe's the beautiful $200 fans with dimmers and remote controls tried to woo us.
We refused to be wooed! We chose the builder basic, bottom of the line, get your lazy butt out of bed and turn off the light, $30 ceiling fan.
And you know what? It lights the room adequately and it cools us as we sleep. Just like the $200 fans do.
Sometimes you just gotta get back to basics and stay the course.
I think Dave would be proud of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Dave WOULD be proud of you, and so am I!
Good job! I'm proud of you guys too! :)
Way to go, I'm sure Dave would be proud!!
I was actually going to suggest that maybe Lowes would have some on clearance or something (that's how we got ours).
We love our ceiling fan too. lol
I give you guys a 10 on the maturity meter.
Way to work the plan! You guys are getting to be pros at this.
I'm taking notes!
Post a Comment