Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today in My Life

Thanks to Roger and Jaxon, I was up before the sun today.
We decided to go to Albertson's for this week's best deals. I thought the early hour would mean no crowds and plenty of product on the shelf. I was right! We found everything we were looking for. And we stopped by Walmart and Ream's on the way home. So I think I've got all my shopping done for the next two weeks. YAY!
I did a bit of online Christmas shopping.
Roger had a football game to watch today so I got started on moving the food storage and sewing stuff down to the basement.
Angel had asked for pics of the basement room and for the life of me I can't find any pics of the room when it was pink. You'll just have to trust me. It was so cute! Pepto pink with black satin curtains with beaded fringe. In fact all Kenzie's bedroom accessories were black and pink. Very DIVA. I can't believe I never took any pics. That's not like me!
So, here's what's left of the pink. I decided that adding a bit of trim molding here would be easier than not getting paint on the carpet.
Here are a few of the freshly painted room.


See that unfinished area at the top of the stairs? That's the future family room!!!!

Here's all the food storage. It's not what it used to be! There was a time when this whole room was full of food storage. But who needs all those brownie mixes and spaghettios anyway, right?


And LOOK! A pretty decent sewing "nook". I've moved about 1/3 of my craft and sewing stuff down here so far. Maybe having my fabric out where I can see it will inspire me to actually use it.

FYI If you leave your 9 year old alone with your camera you might find something like this next time you use it.

4 comments:

Amber said...

LOL Emily is funny! The room looks really good! I love the color.

Christy said...

Nice shot of Em. I think you can see right up her nose! lol.

Wow, everything looks so organized and nice. Crazy nice. It looks like someone's camper I was once in. Clean too, like a dutch oven I once saw. ;)

Trish said...

LOL Christy~
Just don't look at any other rooms. I wouldn't want to tarnish the false impression you have of me. ;) LOL

Glenda said...

Wow, that looks great!