
Emily made dessert for us tonight.
This is an idea I got from a message board for "empanadas".
They were pretty tasty and Emily had fun making them for us.
I figure the cost for 10 of them to be about 75 cents. (Biscuits were on sale 4 cans for $1.25, 1 cup of chocolate chips about 75 cents and about 1 dollar's worth of bananas)
For my WW buddies, the points value is 2 for one empanada. 3.5 for two of them. Clearly two is the better deal. ;) And making only 10 at a time is a bit of built in portion control.
Chocolate and Banana Empanadas
1 can (10ct.) refrigerated Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
1 small banana, cut into 20 thin slices
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Working with one biscuit at a time, flatten the biscuits out to a thin, large circle. Place two banana slices and 5 or 6 chocolate chips toward one side of the circle. Fold the other side over and pinch the edges closed.
Place on greased cookie sheet.
Repeat for remaining biscuits.
Bake 7-8 minutes or till lightly browned.
The possibilities are endless for these things!
~chocolate and peanut butter chips
~Nutella by itself or with some rice krispies maybe
~Peanut butter and jelly
~Whatever your little heart desires :)




5 comments:
YES! I am reading the What's for Dinner. :)
Sammi would love this recipe and Dalton could help! Ariel and Cortney too! I'll have to pass this on.
I'm wondering about the honey lime enchiladas... can you help me find the recipe?
Yummy and way to go Emily!
YES!! YESS YES! I AM READING WHAT'S FOR DINNER!! I always look forward to your posts and pics. I am off the cooking at home thing right now since our realtor gives us like 1/2 hr sometimes to have the house in "Show" condition if he is bringing someone over. Ugh. I'm exhausted with all of this "For Sale" stuff. xo *Mel PS Emily, it looks AWESoME!!!
Oh, Gary Jr. loves Nutella (cack!)...I'll have to come up with some combo for him with that!! Sara loves mini choc chips..wonderif that combo would be good?? *M
Post a Comment