We did our grocery shopping for the week this morning. We came in $3 under budget and even managed to pick up a few packages of Manager's Special meat to add to the inventory for future use.
Here's the plan for dinners this week
~Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli and Cauliflower
~French Spring Chicken Pot, Bread
~Pizza, Salad
~Bulgur Bean Burgers, Grilled Pineapple, Veggies and Dip
~Bulgur Mini Meatloaves, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Carrots
~Chicken Pasta Primavera, Salad
~Pork Chops with Cranberry Pan Sauce and Butternut Squash, Green Beans
The Red Lentil Stew that I created and cooked yesterday was pretty good but not fantastic so I'll try again another time and post the recipe when I get it just right.
I made the Naan recipe from the WW New Complete Cookbook and I give it two big thumbs down. Nothing like naan. More like unsalted saltines. I would not recommend that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Way to stay in budget for your groceries.
Kenzie and I went to a spa today and we got stuff for our daily facials. It was fun. (This is the first time I've done it with cash in the budget, weirdness! It's great.)
I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the WW non-recipe, ;) and I'm happy to wait for the Red Lentil Stew that is going to rock!! Do you think red lentils taste that much different from other lentils?
Oh, BTW, I saw 179.4 this morning so my 5 pound rollercoaster ride (seriously, no exageration) is over. I hope tomorrow my weight still starts out 17x.x! I'm so ready!!
I think that green lentils are NASTY. I like red lentils. I don't have a lot of experience with all the different lentils that exist but that's what I know about those two. LOL
woohooo!!! I will celebrate the end of your roller coaster ride.
I still expect my loss to be little this week. I seem to have settled into a pattern of big losses every other week. This isn't that week for me. ;)
Sounds like some yummy dinners :)
Congrats on staying in budget!
Post a Comment