Ten things I like that start with "K"
Kaleidoscopes
I love them! I don't own a single one because an actual kaleidoscope would constitute a knick-knack which is something that begins with "K" which I do NOT like.But I can't resist picking them up and peeking inside whenever I pass them in a store.
Maybe the attraction is that they resemble quilts. Another thing I love, but does not begin with "K".
Kayleigh
My first kid. The sweet little blue eyed, blond haired baby that began this crazy ride called motherhood. That picture was taken on her second birthday. December 1987. I was just barely pregnant with Heather by then. But I can say, pretty confidently, that I had no earthly idea that I would end up with seven children some day.Amusing (to me) side note: Jaxon is playing with those waffle blocks as I type.
"Katydid"
Our nickname for Caydance. The sweet little blue eyed, blond haired baby that made me a Grandma. Now there are FIVE grandbabies. I can't even imagine how many there will eventually be. But each new one is as exciting and loved as the first.Knives
Not in the crazy, serial killer kind of way. Just THESE knives. My Cutco knives. Before I bought them a few years ago I had no idea how wonderful it would be to own a truly sharp and well balanced knife. I love them to a fault. I love them so much that I can't bear to part with them long enough to have them sharpened. Even though it's free to have them sharpened. Even though I find myself reaching for the old knives sometimes because they are now sharper than these. I really have issues.Kitchens
I love looking at them and fantasizing about how I can turn ours into a gorgeous, magazine worthy example. I love that so much of our family life happens in the kitchen. I love touching countertops. I know. I'm weird. Someday I will have a dream kitchen but I find a lot of joy in our less than dreamy one for now.Keanu
Kohl's
I'm so glad this store came to Utah! I love this place! I can get some screaming hot deals on clothes for the whole family combining clearance sales and coupon codes and the aid of my trusty PYP friends.Kisses
"I believe in long, slow, deep, wet kisses that last three days."Name that movie.
Did I make you blush?
BTW Sticky kisses from babies and grandbabies are pretty awesome too.
And I love that my kids still kiss their mom even after they're all grown up.
XOXO
Knit clothing
Not like sweaters. I actually don't like sweaters. But I love comfy, stretchy, lazy kind of clothing. Like yoga pants.I like to get dressed up now and then but most of the time I am totally happy in my "Mom uniform".
Fashion "rules" be damned.
Karma
Tag! You're it!
The letter M for Kayleigh
The letter S for Amber
The letter W for Christy
The letter G for Heather
The letter P for Melanie
If anyone else wants to play, let me know and I'll give you a letter.







6 comments:
Oh, T, I love Kaleidoscopes also! In fact, two weeks ago Gary Jr. and I went to a great Museum out here, and each got souvenirs at the gift shop. I got a small Kaleidoscope! Great minds think alike. I will do my "P" list soon! xoxox *Mel
Great tag, Dori! And I sure hope that you would call me friend!
Love Kaleidoscopes (but I love knick knacks too.)
Love Keanu.
Didn't used to love Kohl's, but I'm liking it more the smaller I get!
LOVE yoga pants. I just bought some gaucho-type ones last week at Old Navy-$7 with a coupon. They are so comfy and will be perfect for summer.
Sweet that sounds fun. Will get started asap!
I LOVE Keanu. LOVE.
What a GREAT post! I enjoyed reading it very much! Fun and interesting to learn these things!!! I loved the pictures, too!
I shall begin brainstorming "W". Right this second I've got nothing, but I am not deterred.
PS I LOVE that pic of you and Kayleigh...You were (are!) a Foxy...Foxy Lady!!! Cute pic! xo *Mel
Post a Comment