Thursday, April 23, 2009

Emily's Big 10!!

Emily had a great party for her birthday yesterday.
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then Kenzie should feel very admired. Emily pretty much duplicated Kenzie's last birthday. From the cake to the entertainment.
She had a few friends over. They played Rockband and Singstar. Had pizza and soda.

Misty made the cake for us again. Great job!

Emily received lots of cool gifts from her friends. Makeup, jewelry, nail polish, a purse, a plush turtle. And we gave her a new 18 speed bike. (18? I never really got the hang of 10!)
All things befitting a PRETEEN.
She has been telling us for months that she will officially be a PRETEEN once she turns 10.
Heaven help us!
Emily is really growing up so fast.
She joined our family about 24 hours before I was scheduled to be induced. And she has been impatient and anxious for the next big thing ever since. She's been planning her birthday party for about 3 months. LOL Since I prefer to pull things together at nearly the last minute, you can probably imagine that she and I are often impatient with each other. LOL
She is a very sweet girl though. She makes friends very easily and smiles, laughs and giggles tirelessly.
She has such a big heart.
One funny example of her deep love and loyalty for the people in her world happened a few years ago when Christy came into our lives.
Emily must have been trying to figure out what "position" Christy would hold in our family.
"Friend" would be inadequate. She was certainly more than that to us.
"My Mom's ex husband's wife" or "My half sisters' stepmom" is a little clumsy for casual conversation.
So Emily decided that Christy would be her stepsister. After all, she didn't have one of those.
LOL

Emily was the link that joined "His kids" and "Her kids" and made them all "Our kids" and we were so excited when she came along.
She's beautiful, funny, so smart, full of energy and now, offically a PRETEEN.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!
Looked like you had a great PARTY at your houe!!

Lana said...

I love the cake. I need a Misty!!

Amber said...

How fun! That cake is amazing! I can't believe she's a preteen now. Wow. That's all I can really say about that lol.

Mel the Belle said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!! I remember when your Mom and I first met, we'd chat online almost every day...often she'd be breastfeeding you while we typed...then it would be, "brb..gotta put Em down for a nap.." :) Later she would tell me "oirermsufojwe;jfwrif;icjjclewj" and then say, (when you grew to be a toddler) "That was from Emily..she just typed that while poking at the computer..." Recently she asked my advice on where to get a Guitar for you .. that's when I really realized how much you had grown!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I hope you have a truly Magical "10" PRETEEN year!!! Love, Melanie in California

Trish said...

Mel~ Awww....can you believe its been so long?!?
Sadly, I wasn't breastfeeding her then. Had to quit that when she was only 2 or 3 weeks old. Must have been bottle time. ;)

Christy said...

LOL, Happy Birthday, to my one and only Stepsister!!! ;)

Christy said...

BTW, DR Town Hall For HOpe is airing on 570am tonight at 6... if you are interested.