Friday, July 3, 2009

Meal Plan, how I have missed thee.

I haven't had a meal plan in 3 weeks! We've just been winging our way through birthdays, a wedding, family get togethers and excess garden produce, etc.
I am glad to get back to an actual plan.

~Pasta with spinach pesto (using up the garden spinach), roasted brussels sprouts (saved them just in the nick of time!) and garlic cheese toast (with leftover whole wheat hamburger buns)
~Stir fry over rice (To use up the random veggies that were on their last leg from the last time we actually grocery shopped.)

~Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas (held over from last meal plan), Salad, Black beans
~Spiced turkey burgers with yogurt and chutney (held over from last meal plan), Curried potatoes and peas, Salad (This should use up the last of the lettuce)
~Cheesy Chicken Shells (made ricotta out of some milk that was past it's prime), Salad, Garlic cheese toast (To use the last of the hamburger buns)
~Greek Turkey Burgers, Lemon Rice, Green Beans
~Green Chile Pork Stew
~SUNDAY DINNER FOR THE FAMILY: Grilled Chicken Strips, Tuscan Red Wine Sausage, Potato and Corn Salad, Mixed fresh fruit
~Pork Chops with Honey Mustard Gravy and Apple Slaw, Corn

Phew! A plan of new recipes mixed with using up what we have before it goes bad.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Yum can't wait for Sunday!

Becky said...

Mmmmm... looks good! I'm looking forward to your menu as well!

Did you ever try the chicken salad? Did you make any improvements to it?

Trish said...

Becky~ I didn't get to the salad. Maybe for lunches this week. Gotta figure something out with the kids here during the day now. LOL

Christy said...

It's nice to have meal plans... it gives me a sense of order. Someday I'll be as consistent with it as you are. Even with your three weeks of winging it, you're still an inspiration to me.