Monday, July 13, 2009

Today In My Life

~We met a friend of mine at Memory Grove so she could take our family pictures. We haven't had a family pic taken in a couple of years. She did a GREAT job from what I've seen so far. And Memory Grove was beautiful! I haven't been there in several years. I forgot how gorgeous it is. And the smell of the trees and gradens! Mmm.....Wish I could bring that home with me.

~We bought plane tickets, reserved a rental car and booked the necessary hotel rooms for our vacation. And I found a way to pay for it in cash! Sort of. It means pausing the snowball for a couple months. I'm not sure if Dave would approve. But at least we aren't going any deeper in debt. I'll stop explaining now because it just sounds like I'm justifying, rationalizing and explaining why it's okay to spend money on a vacation before we're out of debt. :P

~All week I've been wondering how Roger's and my hamper barely had any dirty laundry in it. Now I know. Roger was piling his up on the floor on his side of the bed. I knew it was too good to be true that there might have been a miraculous cure to the laundry epidemic.

~I have no meal plan so far for this week. Yesterday we had Indian food for the family dinner. Tonight we had CORN (Clean Out Refrigerator Night) and tomorrow I'm making a double batch of cheesy chicken shells. One for us and one for Paula's family. But, other than that, I have no idea what we're having for the rest of the week. Maybe I can pull together a meal plan tomorrow.

~Remember how I said I was sick of our house and wanted to change everything but I didn't know what I wanted to change it to? Well, I picked up a little inspiration for the master bedroom yesterday. Look! Saw it at Kohl's for 50% off and had to have it. Shush Dave!

Behind the picture you can kind of see the accent wall in our room. It's a sort of aged leather faux finish that Misty helped me do when I was pregnant with Jaxon. I think we'll paint it a deep (but not dark) lavendar color. And switch all the dark purple in our room to light purple. Maybe Black and white bedding with purple pillows? I don't know yet. Suggestions welcome. But I know I love this picture and it's going above the bed. The other walls are already a perfect yellow color for this picture. I'll need to recover the headboard. It's covered in a greenish fabric now. It matches the greens in this picture but I think I wanna change it anyway. Or maybe I could find a cool black ironwork headboard. I really like the black contrast in the picture. Hmmm.....

6 comments:

ShazBraz said...

ooooh...I love that. Can't wait to see the after pictures!

tawnya said...

LOVE it. And I think the vacation is TOTALLY justifiable!

Amber said...

Have fun on your vacation and take LOTS of pics!
I like you're ideas on changing up your room. Can't wait to see how it looks!
Joey does the same thing with his dirty clothes. But he just takes them off and leaves them all over the house lol. :)

Amber said...

O ya, and I better get a family pic! :)

Anonymous said...

Mom, what is up with your blog? On my page the title says "DO NOT BE ALARMED" and says that your blog doesn't exist!

Trish said...

Well, my dear little Anonymous, I had an ugly background on there last night but I was too tired to fix it. So I posted a warning so you wouldn't hurt your eyes. Then I fixed it today and delted the "warning post".
Love you Anon, Nonny, Mus? Whoever your are. ;)