Sweet Heat Cucumber Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
I found this recipe on the label of the Sweet Chili Sauce bottle. Looked so yummy I couldn't wait to try it.
I made it as the recipe said, but I'm changing it here. I'll explain later.
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons MAGGI Sweet Chili Sauce
2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
2 Tablespoons diced red onon
pinch of salt
2-3 Tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped
Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, basil, onion, salt in medium bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
What we thought~ Roger, Kenzie and I loved it! So simple to make but so flavorful! I'm sure this will be showing up at a lot of summer dinners.
Either the original recipe made too much dressing (see how much of it there is in the bowl?) or our cucumbers were small. I think it was the recipe amounts. The cucumbers seemed perfectly "medium sized" to me. So I reduced the dressing a little for posting here. I guess you could also add more of the veggies. :)
I was inspired to make this because we got red peppers and cucumbers in our co-op pick up yesterday.
We are loving the co-op so much that we are considering being volunteer site coordinators, along with our friends across the street, in our own neighborhood.
Heather and Kayleigh and their families have also started participating. It's a really GREAT way to get lots of fresh produce for your family for a very low cost.
Here are some other recipes I've made before that would make good use of the things we got yesterday.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Roasted Veggie and Pesto Sandwiches




4 comments:
Hmmm...Maybe you are just used to super BIG cucumbers!!!! muuuuaahhhhhahahha!
I never noticed recipes on the sweet chili sauce bottle... I got spicy picked fish on mine, which doesn't sound quite as good as Sweet Heat Cucumber Salad. It does sound good for summer.
Yes yes yes!!! Bring the co op to your neighborhood. Then I could participate, too!
trish,
this sounds so yummy too...but alas no one in our house likes cukes except me. looks like a perfect summer salad tho.
do you try to have vegetarian meals a few nights per week?
i try and could easily do it for myself. but again i am not sure everyone else would be happy about it?
did your family make a choice for more veggie meals?
Mel~ Baaahaaahaaaaa!
Christy~ I'm not as excited to try the recipe on your bottle. LOL
A co-op in my neighborhood would be farther from you than several of the others already going. LOL But I'd love to have you!
dj~We do have vegetarian meals 3-4 times per week. It started a few months ago. To be honest, I made the decision for all of us. It's easier on the budget and healthier too. Roger rebels a little but not too bad.
Post a Comment