In my search for all things Valentine-y I found a cute idea by Heather over at My Frugal Family.
A wreath made of ribbon and a coat hanger! How simple and frugal is that?
So I rummaged through my craft room for all the red/pink/white ribbon and trims I could find. It wasn't much. But I did find this pink tulle leftover from making Princess costumes for Amber and Kayleigh a million years ago.
(It's like an archeological dig in that room! So many remnants from past creations.)
I also grabbed this sweet little painting that my friend Melanie sent me a few months ago. Perfect!
Using wire cutters and lots of brute strength (when did hangers get so sturdy?) I straightened the hanger and then shaped it into a heart, cutting off the excess hanger. I covered the raw ends of the wire so I wouldn't cut myself while adding the ribbons. Blood is not the shade of red I'm going for with this project.
Next, I cut six inch lengths of all my ribbons and trims. I cut strips of the tulle about 2 inches wide and then cut those strips into 6 inch lengths. Then I began looping it all around the wire. I tied the painting to the center with some pink ribbon and then added a loop of the same ribbon to hang the wreath with. That was it. It took about 30 minutes, most of which was gathering supplies and wrestling with the coat hanger. My cost: $0. Love it!




8 comments:
That is so cute!! You are inspiring me... I don't have any Valentines Decor....well other than for my own body.... but that is only for my husband to see...lol....
LOL Sherri! Gotta keep it G-rated for the kiddies!
Dang, that's a nice looking heart! I couldn't even get a nice circle shape for my ornament wreath I made. ROFL
I love it though.. something like that would be cute on my mirror in the front room. Hmm.....
It turned out oh so sweet and cute, Trish! Thanks for sharing!!
OMG, T! HOw Sweet! (I dunno if ANYONE has ever "recycled" my Art like that, before...too cool!) Luvs, *Mel
super creative idea....i like it! i've been looking for ideas off the net too.
dj
Super cute!!! Thank you for visiting my blog!
Kristi
Punkinseedproductions.blogspot.com
That is probably the cutest I've ever seen!
Post a Comment