Monday, January 11, 2010

Valentine Not-A-Wreath Thingy



I'm still at it!

I've been scouring the net looking for fun, cheap Valentine's decorations to make. In fact, I get a little lost in the looking and run out of time to actually make something!
I've also been checking in at the dollar store for supplies (who knew I'd ever wish the stores would hurry up and get on with the next holiday?) and also trying to snag a few Christmas clearance deals that had Valentine potential. I've acquired a good pile of stuff with which to make holiday magic!

Like this Holly Berry wreath for $3 (originally $15)


Without it's holly leaves it's just a wreath with indeterminate red berries.
And red is for Valentine's Day!
(work with me!)

My friend, Janae has linked me up to a few sites lately that use empty picture frames instead of wreaths. I like that and I thought it would be a fun layer to add to this door hanging.
So I dug up this old dollar store frame from a hundred years ago.
It was broken so I grabbed the handiest glue I could find and glued it back together.
Does Liquid Nails work on plastic? I'll let you know.


I found this big, fat, red ribbon on Clearance at Michael's a few days ago.
Looped it through the frame and knotted it in the back.


And then this Valentine themed paper box from Dollar Tree to go in the center.
I just hot glued a thin black sheer ribbon to it and used the ribbon to tie the whole thing together.


Tahhh.....dah!!
Valentine Not-A-Wreath Thingy



10 comments:

Janae said...

Cute! Great job. I LOVE it.

Mel the Belle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel the Belle said...

So sweet, Trish! And I love your Red Door...Perfectly fitting for V-Day! So Funny, too...I remember doing crafts and stuff for the Holidays and you'd not really be into it so much (saying you didn't much go for "obligatory holidays" or something like that) and its just wild how much you have changed (or maybe gotten back to more of who you were in younger days?) since we first connected. I'm continually amazed and smiling at you from afar!
Love You *Mel (who is nowhere near thinking of Valentine's DAy....still recovering from Christmas!) lol
xo *M

Trish said...

Oh Mel! I read your comment and I thought, "Huh? What is she talking about? I used to live for this crap." Then I realized that you and I became friends just at the start of my "depression years". Long, dark, times. So, yeah, I think I'm getting back to my craftiness of old. LOL

Trish said...

Oh! And the red door...It looks way better in the picture than it really is. It's been that exact color for almost 16 years. As soon as it warms up, it's changing! I'm thinking PURPLE!

Mel the Belle said...

Purple would be AWESOME!!!! Purple is totally MY color these days! People tease me about it...purple and lavendars...
xo
Go for It!
*Mel

Embellished Bayou said...

Very cute! I love the layered effect.

One Cheap B*tch said...

I really love your wreaths! I've been doing my V-day decorations since shortly after Xmas! =)

Lindsey said...

That turned out really cute! Love it!

Expressions by Heather said...

I love the look of this!