Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big day for Little man

 
When it comes to new experiences, I think that this picture represents Jaxon's personality perfectly.
A little apprehensive, pretty cautious, not at all impulsive.
I guess I should be glad for that. I don't really have that whole "darting out in traffic" issue with Jaxon.

Today was his first day of preschool. 
It isn't anything very formal. I'm not a real "preschool is crucial for their development" kind of Mom.
Just a couple of hours twice a week. Just for fun mostly.
He was not excited.
He refused to sit in the chair with his name tag on it. 
So I knelt beside him as he stood at the table working on puzzles and getting to know some of the other children seated at the same table.
After a few minutes he finally decided the chair was safe and sat down.
A few minutes after that I told him I was going to get my hair cut and then I would come back for him in a little while.
He said okay and kissed me goodbye.
When I came back to get him the teacher told me that a few minutes after I left he got really upset and refused to do anything. They asked him to join them for a couple different activities and finally he got really mad and shouted, "I don't want to do NOTHING!!"
yikes!
But then it was snack time and he decided to participate.
Finally! A glimmer of my DNA!!!
They say he did great after snack time.
Of course! Snacks fix everything. 
Every time we ask him how he liked school he says, "It was my work."
Okay, little man. Whatever you say.
He goes back to "work" on Thursday. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Aw, how cute.

I agree, snack time fixes everything.

At least he has something to look forward to. lol