It's already officially listed but there have been no lookers yet. I guess it takes a few days to get all the marketing wheels turning.
So there has been a lot of cleaning, purging, organizing going on.
We had a new garage door installed. Our old one has been broken since Jaxon was a tiny baby in an infant carrier. ugh! But we lived with it because we were focused on getting out of debt first. I got a GREAT deal because the warehouse was out of the insulated door that I had scheduled to have installed. So they gave me an upgrade at no extra charge. $1300 door for $800. woohooo!!! And we'll get the energy tax credit on our taxes next Spring too!
We had 4 TONS of wood chips trucked in to fluff up the xeriscaped parts of the property. Roger moved all of it with our lame little yard cart and now the back yard looks all fluffed up. But Roger is wiped out. LOL
The fruit trees will bloom soon and it'll be so pretty back there.
We've also been debating about what to do with the basement.
This house has an area that was intended to be a family room. But 10 years ago we had six children in here and we decided what we really needed was a couple more bedrooms.
So we put up some walls but no ceilings. And we went on with our lives raising kids.
Ever since the first 2 or 3 kids moved out we've wanted to go ahead and make a family room in that space but we just never really got around to it.
Now we feel like a family room separate from the front living room would be appealing to a buyer. This will still leave 5 bedrooms in this house.
So, we've hired a contractor to come in next week and turn this...
in to this....
We think this will make the house more appealing to buyers. And, if we can't get what we want out of the house or if we just decide not to sell after all, we'll finally have the basement finished the way we want it.
The contractor says he'll start Monday and be done before we leave for vacation on the 31st. One week! One week to a nice family room after all these years. Ha! Let's hope it goes as fast as he says. :)
I'm BEAT from moving boxes of life stuff out of here all day so I'm off to watch a DVD now.
The Time Travelers Wife.
I hope it's good.
And I wish I could time travel. I'd go ahead to the new house and get busy making fun new memories there. :)
P.S. If you live on the Wasatch Front and need recommendations for garage door repair or installation or a CHEAP way to get 4 tons of wood chips delivered to your house, just let me know. ;)
I'll let you know if I can recommend a contractor for finishing your basement in a week or two. ;)
P.S. If you live on the Wasatch Front and need recommendations for garage door repair or installation or a CHEAP way to get 4 tons of wood chips delivered to your house, just let me know. ;)
I'll let you know if I can recommend a contractor for finishing your basement in a week or two. ;)




1 comment:
You guys are getting SO MUCH DONE!!!! Wowza!!!
Whomever decides to buy the house will be very very happy with their purchase. I hope they can fill it with as much positive energy and happy memories as your family has.
Post a Comment