Friday, March 26, 2010

New family room - Day 5

It got too dark by the time we were finished to take a pic.
But progress was made!
I THOUGHT that the contractors were done yesterday but one of them showed up this morning to make even more improvements to the job that I thought they had already finished quite well. :) These guys ROCK!
So he finished up, took the check for the final payment and turned the project over to us to finish.
I spent a good deal of time with the shop vac trying to eliminate as much dust as possible. It's safe to say that there is now more dust upstairs than in the family room. :P
The dust is maddening!
I got the first coat of paint on the ceiling before Roger got home from work. It took every last drop of the gallon of Behr Primer and Paint in one for the first coat. We needed a second coat so we made another of what I'm sure will be a thousand trips to Home Depot. We grabbed the wall paint while we were there so we can get right on that tomorrow. I didn't want to invest in the Behr P+P until I knew I liked the way it performed.
Just finished the second coat a little while ago and I don't think we'll need a third. Considering it was brand new drywall that we were applying it to, I'd say that the Primer plus Paint is an excellent product. And thank goodness! My neck and shoulders are RUINED. ugh! If we had used separate products there would have been at least one more coat of paint. Possibly two.
So..there are visible changes. And there will be LOTS of them tomorrow.
I'll post pictures tomorrow. :)
Here's pic of the Behr product though. I'm no paint snob but this stuff seems to be pretty good to me!

No comments: