Well, it's all but done! We need to install the window sills and paint the doors. And there are a dozen or so little decorating things I want to do. But it just can't be done today. I'm wiped out!
California, here we come!!!
But first...I DID have to do something about the stairway walls where they meet up with the new family room.
You can see it in this picture...
That wall color is the same as the living room. We painted it about 7 years ago. I knew we had some paint left. But I had my doubts about the condition of it. I wasn't surprised to find this when I opened it up.
Ewwwww!!!!!!
But an old pair of pantyhose and a couple tablespoons of water made it good as new.
I still love the color. And I really love the contrast it brings to the stairwell with the oak and the white trim.
Speaking of the oak...I spent a good bit of time today getting the living room situated now that we moved most of the furniture out of there. I had hoped to find a couple of affordable (cheap!) side chairs to have in there but I didn't have any luck today.
So I guess the wood floors get all the attention for now.
We've had an area rug in there for a while now. I forgot how pretty the floor is. :) We put those in our DIY selves about 7 years ago. Real 3/4 inch hard wood baby!
So...that's it for a week or so. I'd say that an exceptional amount of progress was made in just 9 days. You'd never know this started as a dark, half finished basement less that two weeks ago if I hadn't been boring you with sharing the daily progress here.
Oh! I wasn't home when Jaxon woke up from his nap and discovered the new carpet yesterday. But Kenzie texted me to say that his response was to throw up his hand and say, "Wow! It's so beautiful in here!"




5 comments:
I am now wondering, "why in the heck would you want to leave this beautiful home???"....!!! Looks just about More Than Perfect to me, Trish!!! xo *Mel
I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT!!!
Love it!!
Wow, what a transformation! BEAUTIFULL!!
Your new family room looks great and your hardwood floors are beautiful! Good luck with selling - and buying. :)
Post a Comment