as a tiny little boy forced to eat a giant bowl of beans?
He's been at the table (when he isn't crouched in a corner by the couch) crying for over 45 minutes.
If I don't look at him, he forgets that he's supposed to be crying and the sobbing kind of fizzles out. Only to be renewed again as soon as we make eye contact.
So, why am I forcing him to eat the beans?
I'm not! I don't believe in that!
This is why he's crying.
One semi-smashed cookie that Dad has had stashed in his pocket since a work meeting earlier this afternoon.
I told him he doesn't have to eat his dinner. But he can't have the cookie if he doesn't.
He seems to be having trouble deciding how badly he wants the cookie, or how badly he doesn't want the beans.
Some days it's just REALLY, REALLY hard to be Jaxon.




7 comments:
looks like sometimes it is even MORE hard to be Jaxon's mommy than it is to be Jaxon.
hahaha That's great! Somedays I have that inner conflict as well. Why do cookies have to be so damn tasty???
The other night I made some squash, sausage, egg, stuff for dinner and it was delicious. My six year old didn't want to eat it, but I'm mean and said she had to, either that or go to bed. After 45 minutes of crying I threw away her plate and sent her to bed. Later, when I went to check on the kids (2 hours after I sent her there) I heard her singing in her room, it was an awesome made up song about how she thought her mother and father loved her and were her family, but how we really weren't and how no one loved her and she was all alone. Sad, sad, sad
OH how sad...poor little guy! Good mommy sticking to your guns!
That is a really hard decision to make! Eat the beans and get a cookie? or dont eat the beans and sneak the cookie out of the trash when no one is looking?
Same same scene in our house on Monday...beans and all.
That is a sad scene. After a long day and dinner turning into a problem I excuse myself while Travis and child sit at the table.
Post a Comment