Monday, July 14, 2008

A few days, many details......

We left for our favorite mountain "retreat" on Thursday.
After two hours, and a BIG lesson that we might still have alot to learn about our travel trailer, we were again camped and settled in for 3 days away from home life and HEAT. The temp barely reached 70 the whole weekend. YAY! Perfect!
On Friday we took the kids to the Family Fishing pond on Mirror Lake Highway. We've been taking the kids to this place for years and have lots of fond memories of watching the kids' reactions to actually catching a fish. Who has the patience to sit and wait all day for a fish when you can just go stand beside a quaint little pond and say, "Here fishy, fishy." and they will practically jump into your frying pan? Unfortunately we didn't get any pics. We did get some video tho. And we had a good time. I think it will be another year before Jaxon really thinks it's fun tho. Right now he just trembles when he gets too close to a flopping trout.
It should be noted that Emily caught the biggest fish this time. 15 inches! She was pretty proud of that.
Saturday we took a drive up to the Mill Hollow area. I've sent many a kid to camp there but I've never been there myself. It's really beautiful! The reservoir is drained for dam repairs right now but as we drove up the road and looked down on the empty reservoir I could just imagine how beautiful it must be when it's full. We drove up to the top where signs indicated that you could go to Heber or Duschesne or other various locations on a maze of dirt roads. We stopped there for a few pics.Jaxon did not want to take pics. He just wanted a nap.

So we turned back and headed to camp so his majesty could have his nap. If Jaxon isn't happy, nobody's happy. It's the toddler rule. Resistance is futile.

Sunday was nice because we all got some sleep! The first two nights were spent fruitlessly looking for a sleeping arrangement where everyone could sleep on a bed. But Jaxon WILL NOT sleep with anyone anymore so Emily took one for the team and slept on the floor Saturday night.

Friday was the one year anniversary of Marsha's passing. I expected it to be a sad day but it really wasn't. The truth is, we miss her every day. The date is irrelevant. I know she wouldn't want us to be sad. She would want us to enjoy each other and make great memories together and to just love each other. And that's what we did. We need to remember to do it every day. Because there's just no way to tell how many more days or opportunities we'll have.

Speaking of which, I better get busy. Heather, Tukker and Frank are coming for dinner. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Cute pics :) And I would love to go to lunch, but I'm pretty sure mom wouldn't want to go lol! Thanks for everything, really. Love you bunches!

Christy said...

That area is so beautiful!! Glad you guys got a long weekend together. We thought of you often!