Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good times and bad vibes.

My Mom came to visit today. I guess it's been the past two years or so that she has been coming out to visit on her day off every couple weeks or so. Sometimes we miss a few weeks when there's lots going on for one of us.
We took Kenzie, Emily and Jaxon to the park for a picnic. It was fun.
I love when she comes to visit. And I feel so greatful that she and I are having a closer relationship as the years go on. And I'm glad the kids get to have a relationship with her too.
Jaxon calls her "Naaaa!" LOL You wouldn't think it'd be too hard for him to throw another syllable on there but I guess it is.

So, yesterday I was in a crummy mood. I couldn't figure out why. I just felt grouchy and unhappy.
Today was payday and in spite of the fact that we have been a little free and loose with the $$ lately I was able to pay everything that needed to be paid plus some extra to the debt snowball. But until I saw that, I was sure we had really blown it big time and THAT is what was causing my crummy mood yesterday.
I was having anxiety about money for the first time this year.
I couldn't believe it when I was able to see it for what it was. How many years did I choose to do that to myself?!?! What an idiot!
I need to remember that feeling and make sure it never happens again.

To paraphrase Dave Ramsey:
"If you don't tell your money where to go, it'll just leave!"
So very true.
So we have tightened the belts for the next two weeks. And then we're taking a big camping trip. Probably the last one for the summer.
It's been fun! But it sure eats up the extra funds that would make our snowball roll so much faster.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Fear is good for the gazelle. It's the motivation that gives them the necessary INTENSITY. Good job coaching yourself and keeping it all in perspective.